Jenny Barrett 1)
Daughter of John Barrett and Elizabeth Richards.
Marriage notice 2 Sep 1776 Cornwood, Devon, England 3)
Married 24 Dec 1776 Cornwood, Devon, England 4)
Richard Yelland 1)
Son of William Yelland and Sidwell Spry.
Born ± 1750 Brentor, Devon, England 5)
Baptised 15 Jan 1750 Brentor, Devon, England 5)
Occupation: 24 Dec 1776; Husbandman 3)
Notes: Richard Yealland was not of the parish of Cornwood according to his marriage banns. The baptism in Brentor has been selected for three main reasons: date (around when he would be born based on year of marriage), location (not Cornwood, but equally not too distant), and repetition of family names (William and Sidwell). Richard Yealland of Cornwood names his first daughter after his mother (Sidwell), his second after his wife (Jenny), and his first son after his father (William).
1. Sidwell Yealland
Born ± 1777 Cornwood, Devon, England
2. Jenny Yealland
Born ± 1783 Cornwood, Devon, England
3. William Yealland 6) 7)
Born ± 1785 Cornwood, Devon, England 8) 9) 1) 10)
Baptised 9 Aug 1785 Cornwood, Devon, England 1)
Died 20 Nov 1851 Stoke Damerel, Devon, England, approximately 66 years 11) 9) 1)
Buried 26 Nov 1851 Stoke Damerel, Devon, England 1)
Occupations: 1843; Labourer 7), 1851 17B Holman's Building, Stoke Damerel, Devon, England; Potato Dealer 8)
Residences: 1851 17B Holman's Building, Stoke Damerel, Devon, England 8), 20 Nov 1851 18 Holman's Building, Stoke Damerel, Devon, England 1)
Notes: His son William, is baptised as a Wesleyan.
Sources1) Source: Plymouth and West Devon Parish Registers Record for William Yealand. Reference: Plymouth: Stoke Damerel, Devonport: 1851 (Data from direct source)
2) Source: England, Devon Parish Registers "1755 September 14 Jenny daughter of John and Elizabeth Barret". Reference: Cornwood (Data from secondary evidence)
3) Source: Plymouth and West Devon Parish Registers Record for Richard Yealland (not otp), husbandman, and Jenny Barret (of Cornwood). Reference: Cornwood; 1776 (Data from direct source)
4) Source: England, Devon Parish Registers "Richard Yelland of this parish sojourner and Jenny Barrett of this parish Spinster were married in this church by banns this twenty fourth day of December in the Year One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy Six by me Thos VivianThe mark of Richard YellandThe mark of Jenny BarrettIn the presence of the mar of Elizabeth BarrettThomas Baskervill". Reference: Cornwood
5) Source: England, Parish Registers "1750 January 15 Richard son of Wm Yelland and Sidwell his wife". Reference: Brentor (Data from secondary evidence)
6) Source: General Register Office: Registers of Births, Marriages and Deaths surrendered to the Non-parochial Registers Commissions of 1837 and 1857 Record for Richard Yealand. Reference: RG4/865: Register of Births and Baptisms at the Wesleyan Chapel of Morice Street, Millbrook, Devonport, Devon from 1817 to 1837 (Data from direct source)
7) Source: Jersey, Church of England Marriages, 1754-1940 Record for Richard Yealland. External Link. Reference: Jersey Heritage; St Helier, Jersery; Jersey Parish Registers; Reference Number: G/C/09/A3/3 (Data from direct source)
8) Source: 1851 England Census Record for William Yelland. Reference: Database online. Class: HO107; Piece: 1882; Folio: 58; Page: 18; GSU roll: 221031. (Data from secondary evidence)
9) Source: Monuments "Sacred to the memory of William Yealland; who died Nov 20th 1851, aged 67 years. Also Elizabeth Yealland, wife of above died Feb 4th 1855, aged 72 years. Clara Elizabeth Yealland, daughter of Richard and Rachel Yealland, & grandchild of the above, died Sept 14th 1817, aged 14 months. Also her cousin George Pile, son of George & Ann Pile, died Sept 1st 1852, aged 6 weeks & his sister Eliza Pie died May 12 1861, aged 11 months.". Reference: Stoke Damerel churchyard (Data from secondary evidence)
10) Source: Plymouth and West Devon Parish Registers "1785 Augt 9: William son of Richard and Jane Yelland". Reference: Cornwood, 1785 (Data from secondary evidence)
11) Source: England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index 1837-1915 Record for William Yealland. Reference: Database online. (Questionable reliability of evidence)