Thomas Rempston, Knight Garter, Knight 1) 2) 3)
Son of John Rempston and N.N..
Died 31 Oct 1406 Died following the capsize of his boat on the river Thames, for whic h he was held accountable. 3)
Election: Elected 6 times as MP for Nottinghamshire between 1381 and Sep 1397 3)
Notes: A supporter of the Lancastrians, Thomas held a series of favourable positions including Constable of the Tower of London, Constable of Nottingham and Admiral of the West.
Margaret Leek 2) 3)
Daughter of Simon Leek, Knight and Margaret Vaux.
1. Thomas Rempston, Knight 4) 2) 5)
Died 15 Oct 1458
Election: Elected twice as MP for Nottinghamshire between May 1413 and Mar 1415/16 2)
Notes: A noted soldier - he fought at the battles of Agincourt, Cravant and in the war against Brittany, amongst other campaigns. He was eventually taken hostage by the french in 1429 only being released in 1436 on eventual payment of a ransom.
Sources1) Source: Court of Chancery: Six Clerks Office: Early Proceedings, Richard II to Philip and Mary "John Markham, knight, John Say, knight, and Richard Byngham, knight, feoffees to the use of Sir Thomas Rempston, knight, son of Sir Thomas Rempston, knight, purchaser from John Saucheverell."Dated: Probably 1465-1471. External Link. Reference: C 1/31/158 (Data from direct source)
2) Source: The History of Parliament . External Link. Reference: Rempston, Sir Thomas II (d.1458), of Rempstone and Bingham, Notts. (Questionable reliability of evidence)
3) Source: The History of Parliament . External Link. Reference: Rempston, Sir Thomas I (d.1406), of Rempstone, Notts. (Questionable reliability of evidence)
4) Source: Privy Seal Office: Signet and other Warrants for the Privy Seal, Series I "John Cheyne, Brian Stapulton, and Richard Byngham junior, husbands of Elizabeth, Isabel and Margaret, daughters and co-heiresses of Alice, widow of Thomas Rempston"Dated: 16 November 1458. External Link. Reference: PSO 1/64/31 (Data from direct source)
5) Source: The History of Parliament . External Link. Reference: Stapleton, Sir Brian (d.1417), of Carlton, Yorks. (Questionable reliability of evidence)